Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I hope on my new blog, you will have the information you need to when choosing gemstones or jewelry.  I am not a gemologist or an expert on gems, however through buying many, probably too many my husband would say, I have bought incorrectly. 

I have bought glass thinking it was quartz, even though the seller said it was quartz. I have bought magnesite or howlite thinking it was genuine turquoise, even though the seller said it was turquoise. But through it all, I have learned about gemstones and what I want in my jewelry.  I do admit, unless you are at the mine itself, you will not know what process if any the gemstone has gone through.  I believe most sellers want to give you the correct gemstones. To the best of my knowledge, I will tell you the ones that are most easily replaced with a more inferior one.      

I want to share with you the gemstones that are sold as one thing, but is really something else.  You are paying for one gemstone and getting a piece of glass or a cheaper gemstone made to look like the real thing.  If you are investing in gemstone jewelry do your homework, look at gemstones either online or in books. Compare pictures, read information about gemstones and if you get the chance, like at a bead store, get the feel of them. Don't get scared off of purchasing beautiful gemstones and jewelry, become informed.  You would be missing out on stones from the earth, God's fingerprints, semi-precious gemstones and beautiful jewelry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment